Tulsa >Zio's Italian Kitchen
Italian Sausage anyone???.
Yes, Zio's is very busy on weekends, but the reason is that they have consistent good food for a very reasonable price...(no I am not related or an employee).
My wife and I dine typically once a week.
I can personally recommend the following:
1. Pasta Fazule.....This is an excellent Soup...a bowl w/ the bread is dinner!
2. Spicy Chicken Alfredo...Chicken Alfredo with a kick, and some crunch to boot...wonderful.
3. Thai Chicken Pizza...Fabulous...with a spicy peanut sauce, chicken sprouts....mmmmm good.
4. Spinach Artichoke pizza....very good. (we get the sauce on the side!)
5. Spaghetti with grilled chicken is very good, and on special with a salad on Sunday night, I believe.
6. I love Spaghetti or Vermicelli....(or however you spell it) w/ tomato sauce and Italian Sausage.
( I find the tomato sauce to be better than the marinara, and possibly better than the meat sauce. I went for years without knowing that they even had it. It is flavorful, with just a bit of sweet, and goes well with chicken or Italian Sausage. (or meatballs, if that is your thing.) I would recommend staying away from the angel hair....as it is so fine that it tends to get too wet/mushy and doesn't take the sauce as well....
They recently implemented different specials, Sunday through Wednesday...check the web site to see what is when, but the lasagna is great too!
We think that their bread is the best...although you have to get a hot and crisp one...sometimes they serve it not quite done correctly. We have been there enough to know when it is right or not!
If you can eat early on weekends to avoid the crowds, I believe that your experience will be delightful....
other reviews here complain about the service, and yes, you can have the bad experience, but generally we find the service to be above adequate to excellent, and the value to be tremendous.
Zio's Once Was Enough.
Found Zio's on web and people said it was great. Well, it's not. service was bad she messed up my husband order and I sat alone eating while we waited on his food the second time. Had to ask for more bread with meal. Salad is extra 1.99 with meal. food was tasty and prepared fresh. no presenation of food just slapped on plate.
30 bucks for dinner with water plus tip when meal had to be prepared twice because waitress didn't get order right is high in my purse strings.
review. It is the worst place in town for italian my wife could cook better than that.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!