Tulsa >Assisted Living Facilities >
Hospices >Angelic Hospice
2120 S 85th East Ave, Tulsa, OK | Directions 7412936.125133 -95.882291
BAD SERVICE DON'T EVEN TAKE YOUR DOG HERE!!! – i used to work here, so naturally when my father got Stage IV cancer i took him to the people i knew...other patients got excellant care when i was there so i thought my father would get the same care...BOY I WAS SOOOOOOOO WRONG!!!! i wouldn't even give them 1 star but i have to or i can't post this!
I chose the nurse so that my dad would have someone with half a brain, this company had a huge lay off and have a completely new staff, so i wanted to choose the nurse,
1. two weeks after seeing my dad she went on vacation and didn't bother to tell my parents that she would be bringing someone with her to train...so that's a shock to have someone else show up to your home without notice...the nurse introduced the other nurse and said that she (the original nurse) would be back in a week
2. after a week the substitute nurse calls my parents to say she is headed there...my mom tells her well we are on our way to chemo so i don't know when we will be back around 4 hours i think...where is the original nurse? my parents were told that she had to train a new nurse at their other location in okmulgee, come to find out it was a nurse that had been there for over a year guess she needed retraining
3. substitute nurse didn't even bother to call and see if my parents were home yet, she just showed up, my parents were litterally coming in the back door of the house while she is knocking on the front door
4. my dad had radiation treatment for brain cancer...he got 2nd degree burns on his head and told the nurse he was in a lot of pain, but the nurse never did anything or said anything about it...she didn't even report it to the doctor!!!!!!!! so my dad suffered for almost a week before i said THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING THAT THEY CAN DO! sure enough a call to the doctor got him some medicated cream to put on his head and neck
5. the physical therapist was NEVER showing up regularly, on his first visit to the house we told him that Friday was a better day because they never planned any dr, lab or anything on friday giving them a 3 day rest! he would either FORGET or tell us that we were supposed to call him for an appt!
6. when i called to complain to the owners daughter, she acted like it was NO BIG DEAL, but said she would get the PT guy out there for sure or have him call us...i told her that i wanted my dad discharged on Monday so since he would still be with their company on Monday and couldn't be with another company until Tuesday (medicare won't pay for a discharge and a start on the same day) and they were getting paid by medicare for that day anyway to send the PT guy out on monday
7. The PT guy called my parents on friday evening around 6pm and said...i am so sorry i forgot...i had you on my list of appts but i just ran out of time to come visit...my mom said so you just don't come even though your running behind...can you come monday you haven't even been here in 2 weeks? he said yes i'll come monday...HE NEVER SHOWED UP!!!
8. the policy is that even if it is a holiday you MUST go to your patients house or call to make arrangements...they did not do that...so my father didn't see a nurse for 2 weeks...
as for all of the posts below, they have not been posted here by any of the family members, they were posted on this site BY ME when i worked there..why? the sales guys saw a negative review during a google search so the owner Margaret had me posting these comments on this site so they could get a 5 Stars. These are actual letters from people but the names, titles and emails were ALL MADE UP BY ME!
THEY DON'T GIVE ONE CARE ABOUT THEIR PATIENTS!!!!!! i wouldn't take my DOG to them for care!!! BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!!!! i WILL BE reporting them to the Health Department!!!!
Wonderful Company! – I've had a few family members on service with this Home Health and Hospice company and i've had all positive experiences with them. The nurses and aides are so loving and understanding and truly put the family at ease.
As for the review below me, all I can say is that it sounds like that guy is one disgruntled employee!
With Deep Appreciation – We the family, would like to say thank you to Stephanie and all of the staff! Your prayers and kindness were exactly what we needed during this time with mom!
Thank you very much!
Thank you so much! – I just wanted to send a quick thank you for taking care of my mother and uncle. I am sending a card to you and i would like to tell you the words, I just couldn't have written it better myself.
There are people we count on, whose wisdom and caring hlep everything work out just right--
Wonderful people who shine in our lives with their gentle and beautiful light.
If only you could hear the prayers that fill each thought of you...And the smiles that warm each memory of the generous things you do, you'd know that you're treasured more than words can say!
Tribute to their profession – On behalf of my family, we would like to thank the outstanding team of caregivers you have at Angelic Hospice. the patience, understand and sympathy provided by your girls throughout grandmas illness was beyond excellent and continually exceeded our expectations.
It became apparent to our family during this trying time that there were those in your organization that went above and beyond in the care of our grandma, they treated her as if she were their very own grandma.
We would like to give a very special Thanks to Tamika, Disha, Sherrie, Fannie and Stephanie.
God Bless you and Thank you again ladies!!!
You will never how how much we appreciate the grace and love you all exhibited while caring for our beloved grandma. Please know your kindness did not go unnoticed. You are all angels and are to be commended as a tribute to your profession.
Tremendous Support – We want to THANK everyone for the love and care you had for our mom. the support you gave us the last hrs we had with mom. Your love and support you gave us and mom was overwhelming. You all are so awesome!
Thank you all again and God Bless each of you.
Dear Angels – Thank you so much for the beautiful Peace Lily plant. It arrived full of the prettiest white lilies and it's still thriving even with my "brown" thumb.
I appreciate everything you did to make dad more comfortable and I take great consolation in knowing he is no longer in any pain.
Thank you for your continuing prayers.
Making it a little easier – Stephanie and staff at Angelic Hospice,
I want to thank you for the plant that you brought to Daddy's funeral.
Second, I appreciate getting the fliers( for lack of a better word). The one I received ysterday really helped me understand myself and my brother. the articles on "Anger" and "Guilt" are so timely.
We finally finished going through all the items from Daddy's apartment which included probably thousands of photographs, loose and in albums. That was the most time consuming. I blew up at my brother a couple of weeks ago. Time will heal this situation. he has been "jumping down my throat" the entire time. He has been under the strain of being Daddy's guardian and then executor of the estate. I know that most of the time when he gets mad at me, it's more of the "release". If he got mad at me for a major thing, I would let him know, but when he "blew up" at is such a minor issue. the suggestions regarding "anger" are well taken.
You were wonderful during DAddy's last days. You made it a little easier. just knowing you were there hleped me a lot, even though we didn't meet until he died.
Thakns again. Be assured that I will highly recomment you to others who might need your services.
God given joy! – Stephanie...
Words cannot express the God-given joy that you brought to the life of my mother-in-law. Your comforting faces, caring touches, listening ears and encouraging words during her preparation to enter the open door to eternal life with Jesus is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for the plant and monetary gifts during our stay in Tulsa. They were truly a blessing. May God continue to bless you and give you strength as you do His work.
Even during the ice storm – stephanie..we just wanted to thank you for helping us with my mother...for all the times you came to our home and prayed with mom, for all the times you were there during the ice storm..and for all the times you helped to raise our spirits.
as we reflect on our blessings and how good God has been to us and my mother, i realize how important it was to have you in our lives.
please don't feel like a stranger and stop by and visit any time you are in the area or have a free moment...i know God will bless you and protect you just as he did my mother.
finally our sincere thanks and hugs for helping us withe mother's funeral.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Angelic Hospice on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.